- Featured Newsletter - November 2005 2006 Conference in Spain
- Plans Box cookers Panel cookers Parabolic cookers
- Documents Frequently-Asked Questions Newsletters General Information Technical Information Country Reports Water Pasteurization Retained-Heat Cooking Food Drying
- Translated Mini-Sites Contenido en EspaÃ±ol ConteÃºdo em PortuguÃªs Contenu en FranÃ§ais Contingut en CatalÃ
- Multimedia Photo Gallery Slideshow Audio and Video
- Resources International Directory Manufacturers Supplies Recipes Books Links
- Discussion How to join the discussion Message archives What you can do! Solar cooking online survey Topics needing research
Food is easily and conveniently cooked with solar energy as the "fuel" in devices called solar cookers (or solar ovens). Solar cookers are an ideal addition to any kitchen wherever there are predictable hours of sun many days of the year. Solar cooking and baking are easy. Solar cookers are safe around children and provide a great way to learn about and use solar energy. Solar cookers are clean, convenient, non-polluting and easy on the environment. And, for millions of people living in arid, fuel-scarce regions of the world, solar cookers can literally save lives. Solar Cookers International (SCI) spreads solar cooking awareness and skills worldwide, particularly in areas with plentiful sunshine and diminishing sources of cooking fuel. SCI has enabled 30,000 families in Africa to cook with the sun's energy, freeing women and children from the burdens of gathering wood and carrying it for miles. Tens of thousands of individuals and organizations â€” from all over the world â€” have learned about solar cooking through SCI's excellent publications and educational materials, and have benefited from SCI's information exchange networks, research, technical support, and the SCI-sponsored Solar Cooking Archive, the internationally recognized Internet resource for solar cooking information. SCI's nonprofit, tax-deductible work is supported by generous individuals, private foundations, and sales of solar cookers and supplies. If you are a current member of Solar Cookers International, we thank you. If you are learning about solar cooking for the first time, please explore the possibilities and join us in teaching the world that with sunshine, cooking is free and easy.